- Editor and publisher information
In accordance with the provisions of Articles 6-III and 19 of the French Internet Act (Loi pour la confiance dans l’économie numérique), you are hereby informed that:
- This website is published by the French Network Information Center (Afnic), a non-profit organisation governed by the Act of 1 July 1901, registered with the Prefecture of Yvelines under No. 0784012789, having its head office at Immeuble Stephenson, 1 rue Stephenson, 78180 Montigny-le-Bretonneux, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Telephone +33 (0)1-39-30-83-00, Intracommunity VAT number FR72414757567.
- The publication director of the website https://www.welcome.museum is Mr Sartorius, in his capacity as Chair.
The website is hosted by the OVH SAS Company, having a capital of 10,069,020 euros, being registered on 02 November 1999 under the number 424 761 419 00045 with the trade register (RCS) Lille Métropole, and whose head office is located at 2, rue Kellermann, 59100 Roubaix. Tel.: +33 (0)9 72 10 10 07.
- General Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website
It is presented by Afnic in its capacity as delegate of the .museum gTLD for MUSE DOMA INTERNATIONAL which is the registry.
Users hereby acknowledge they have read these terms and conditions and undertake to respect them.
Users agree to regularly consult these disclaimers.
Users hereby acknowledge they have verified that the IT configuration they use contains no viruses and is in perfect working order.
While Afnic makes every effort to provide users with information and tools that are available and have been verified, it cannot be held liable for errors in or the unavailability of features and/or the presence of viruses on its website.
The information provided by Afnic is for information purposes only and does not exempt users from further personal investigation.
Afnic cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of the information available on its website.
Afnic makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and truthfulness of the information contained on the website and cannot be held responsible for any damages arising from the use of this site.
Afnic uses reliable sources so that the information accessible on this website is accurate and regularly updated.
Afnic reserves the right to remove, alter or amend this website at any time without prior notice.
Afnic cannot be held liable for any damages, including damages resulting from the transmission of documents on the Internet.
Afnic reserves the right to edit, delete, modify, validate or change, in whole or in part, any content uploaded to the website or posted on it.
Accordingly, users hereby acknowledge that they take sole responsibility for using this information.
This website and all of its contents are the exclusive property of Afnic and constitute a work of which Afnic is the author within the meaning of the provisions referred to in the French Intellectual Property Code.
All the rights relating to the site are the property of Afnic. The same applies to all the items used to create and animate the website, including the software, text, expertise, site structure, navigation principles, usability, look and feel, subject headings, as well as all the items of a contractual nature, the forms and all the other components forming the site.
The site was created and developed in conjunction with the Actimage agency, 5 Avenue Franco-Russe, 75007 Paris.
Afnic grants all and any user a personal, non-exclusive and non-transferable right to use the site. This right does not entail any transfer of intellectual property rights of any nature whatsoever.
Any reproduction, in whole or in part, of this site by any individual or entity without the express authorization of Afnic is forbidden and constitutes copyright infringement, which is punished under Articles L. 335-2 et seq. of the French Intellectual Property Code. The same applies to the databases contained on the website and in particular the WHOIS database, which are protected by articles L. 341-1 et seq. of the French Intellectual Property Code.
The distinctive signs of Afnic and its partners, such as domain names, trademarks, brand names and logos appearing on the site are protected by the French Intellectual Property Code.
Any reproduction, in whole or in part, of any one the aforementioned distinctive signs using website elements without the express authorization of Afnic is forbidden by the French Intellectual Property Code.
- Data Processing, Files and Individual Liberties Law
Afnic only collects your personal data when necessary in a proportional way relevant to the purposes defined in accordance with the provisions in force for the protection of personal data and, in particular, of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 applicable from 25 May 2018.
We invite you to consult all the detailed information on the processing of personal data carried out by Afnic on the website, on your rights and their implementation by consulting the document: Your data & Cookies.
Users are obliged to respect the legal framework relating to the protection of personal data, infringements of which are liable to penal sanctions. In particular, they must refrain from collecting or misusing the personal data which they may or do access, and generally, refrain from any act to collect or misuse data that is liable to infringe upon an individual’s privacy or reputation.
Afnic has appointed a Data Protection Officer (DPO), to be in charge of ensuring the protection of personal data and compliance with the provisions in force for the protection of personal data by the Association.
For any request concerning the protection of personal data, the DPO can be contacted:
- by post at the following address: Afnic, Legal Affairs Dept., Attn DPO, Immeuble Stephenson, 1 rue Stephenson, Montigny-le-Bretonneux, 78181 Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines;
- By electronic means to the Afnic Data Protection Officer (DPO): email@example.com
The links set up on this site to external websites have been subject to prior and express authorization.
Afnic cannot be held responsible for access by users through hyperlinks within the website leading to other resources on the network.
Afnic hereby declines all and any responsibility for the content of information provided on these resources on the network as a result of activating hyperlinks.
Users can set up a hypertext link to the Afnic site after having previously notified Afnic.
In any event, hyperlinks to the website must be removed on first request by Afnic.
- Conditions specific to the use of the website
For the features that require the creation of an account, users agree to open only one account.
Using, consulting and/or participating in the site is carried out in compliance with the applicable law and these disclaimers. In particular, without this list being exhaustive, users are reminded of the following rules of conduct:
- Compliance with legal and regulatory provisions. Users accept and undertake in particular not to (i) directly or indirectly make, or encourage the making of statements contrary to public order or morality, whether consisting of insults, threats, harassment, discrimination, defamation, racism, paedophilia, pornography, inciting hate or encouraging an illegal activity; (ii) directly or indirectly behave in a criminal manner, such as hacking, spreading viruses, misusing services provided by Afnic in particular for illegal or illicit purposes, identity theft, or sending spam.
- Respect for content. While participating in the site, users ensure that any statements, opinions, suggestions, or comments they make relate to the proposed topics, respect intellectual property rights, use only their own personal content (opinions, images, comments, etc.) and do not reproduce the opinions and statements of others, cite all the sources and references used, and check their sources and references prior to use.
In principle, users are liable for any damage caused either to Afnic or to third parties via the website and/or Afnic services.
Non-compliance by users with the Disclaimers and/or the rules of conduct shall entitle Afnic to intervene on its own initiative or on request in order to take any action that may be required.
- Governing Law
French law is applicable to the rules of both form and substance.
Only French courts will be considered competent to hear any disputes that may arise for any reason whatsoever from these terms and conditions.